Join our exciting and dynamic team today! Therma, located in San Jose, California, is looking for innovative individuals to join our organization.
IT Helpdesk Support Technician
Position is responsible for responding to support requests, recommending appropriate hardware and software configuration changes, creating new processes as needed, participating in the testing of new and updated products and providing feedback and maintaining Helpdesk inventory of peripherals.
- Well-organized, detail oriented individual who is able to prioritize to successfully meet deadlines
- This position requires proficiency with Microsoft Office products and experience installing, configuring and maintaining network printers.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- 3+ years of Helpdesk Support experience
- Experience with routers
- A+ and/or N+ Certification is a plus
- Cat 5, patch pane cabling is a plus
- Overtime, including weekends, as needed
Account Support Assistant
These positions are a benefit eligible, full time 40 hour per week, positions and are responsible for administrative support to Project Management in the areas of Accounting and Construction Administration.
- Well-organized, detail oriented individual who is able to prioritize to successfully meet deadlines while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Assist with billings, change orders and estimate sheets
- Review of cost reports
- Assist with change proposals, purchase orders, RFI’s and submittals, pulling job #’s Filing and general project coordination/support.
- 2+ years of experience working in the construction industry in an administrative support capacity
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is strongly desired.
Project Manager/Mechanical Engineer
Therma, a leading design-build mechanical construction contractor with a long history of completing technically challenging projects serving a wide variety of clients, is seeking a Project Manager/Mechanical Engineer to manage projects, create designs and plans, provide and gather specifications and execute assignments in a multidisciplinary mechanical engineering design role for large facility design projects. Responsibilities include; creating conceptual designs gathered from meeting with the client, overseeing commissioning process, preparing commissioning procedures ( SOPs / MOPs ), working with Business Development Team to respond to RFPs, establishing project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policies and putting these in clear concise work statement for the field, representing the company in project meetings and openness to working equally in both the field as well as in house.
- Previous experience as a Mechanical Engineer in a Data Center Environment a must with a design / build firm / A/E firm.
- 7-15 years experience.
- Licensed PE a must.
- LEED a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Client Facing / Client relationship / Client Management skills.
- Extensive experience with Mechanical Systems (HVAC, CFD (Fluid Dynamics), Boilers, Chillers, Pumps, CRAC Units, etc.).
- Must be familiar with the design process of building systems for data center and mission critical projects.
- Effective Communicator (emails, phone and face to face).
- Ability to work independently.
- Computer savvy: MS Project, AutoCAD a plus.
Job Description:Mechanical Engineer with experience in the design of HVAC and process piping projects for bio-tech, data center, semiconductor, hospital, university and other various types of commercial facilities. Therma is a leading design-build mechanical construction contractor with a long history of completing technically challenging projects serving a wide variety of clients.
- Attend start-up meetings and fully understand design intent and scope.
- Preparation of basis of design documentation which outlines the client’s requirements.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Effective communication and coordination with Clients, Project Managers, Architects, Contractors and equipment vendors.
- Effective meeting minutes and action item tracking.
- Review of multi discipline design drawings for coordination.
- Detailed HVAC and process piping system design and component / equipment selections.
- Preparation of construction documents and project specifications.
- Perform load analysis as required to determine system sizes.
- Completing project tasks within established design budgets and schedules.
- Provide technical support to project managers and construction team.
- 5+ Years experience of HVAC / Process Piping systems design and layout.
- Experience with large commercial systems engineering, Experience in a design / build environment is preferred.
- Professional registration as a Mechanical Engineer in California.
- BS Mechanical Engineering Degree.
- Familiarity with California building codes and regulations.
- Familiarity with California Title 24 documentation and regulations.
- Experience with Trace 700 or similar load design software.
- AutoCAD proficiency is preferred.